There are many different ways you can use our services. When you share information with us, we can make those services better – to show you more relevant contents, news, products and ads, to help you connect with people or to make sharing with others quicker and easier.
- What information we collect and why we collect it.
- How we use that information.
- The choices we offer, including how to access and update information.
Your privacy matters to Priyo, please do take the time to get to know our practices – and if you have any questions contact us.
Information we collect
We collect information to provide better services to all of our users – from figuring out basic stuff like which language you speak, to more complex things like which ads you’ll find most useful, the people who matter most to you online, or which content you might like.
We collect information in the following ways:
- Information you give us. For example, many of our services require you to sign up for a Google Account or Facebook Account. When you do, we’ll ask for personal information, like your name, email address, telephone number or payment options to store with your account. If you want to take full advantage of the sharing features we offer, we might also ask you to create a publicly visible Priyo Profile, which may include your name and photo.
Information we get from your use of our services. We collect information about the
you use and how you use them, like when you read a news, visit a page that uses our advertising
or view and interact with our ads and content. This information includes:
- Device information We collect device-specific information (such as your hardware model, operating system version, unique device identifiers, and mobile network information including phone number). Priyo may associate your device identifiers or phone number with your Priyo Account.
When you use our services or view content provided by Priyo, we automatically collect and
store certain information
in server logs. This includes:
- details of how you used our service.
- telephony log information like your phone number, calling-party number, forwarding numbers, time and date of calls, duration of calls, SMS routing information and types of calls.
- Internet protocol (IP) address.
- device event information such as crashes, system activity, hardware settings, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your request and referral URL.
- cookies that may uniquely identify your browser or your Priyo Account.
- Location information When you use Priyo services, we may collect and process information about your actual location. We use various technologies to determine location, including IP address, GPS, and other sensors that may, for example, provide Priyo with information on nearby devices, Wi-Fi access points and cell towers.
- Local storage We may collect and store information (including personal information) locally on your device using mechanisms such as browser web storage (including HTML 5) and application data caches.
- Cookies and similar technologies We and our partners use various technologies to collect and store information when you visit a Priyo service, and this may include using cookies or similar technologies to identify your browser or device. We also use these technologies to collect and store information when you interact with services we offer to our partners, such as advertising services or Priyo features that may appear on other sites.
Information we collect when you are signed in to Priyo, in addition to information we obtain about you from partners, may be associated with your Priyo Account. When information is associated with your Priyo Account, we treat it as personal information.
How we use information we collect
We use the information we collect from all of our services to provide, maintain, protect and improve them, to develop new ones, and to protect Priyo and our users. We also use this information to offer you tailored content – like giving you more relevant news, products and ads.
We may use the name you provide for your Priyo Profile across all of the services we offer that require a Priyo Account. In addition, we may replace past names associated with your Priyo Account so that you are represented consistently across all our services. If other users already have your email, or other information that identifies you, we may show them your publicly visible Priyo Profile information, such as your name and photo.
If you have a Priyo Account, we may display your Profile name, Profile photo, and actions you take on Priyo or on third-party applications connected to your Priyo Account in our services, including displaying in ads and other commercial contexts.
When you contact Priyo, we keep a record of your communication to help solve any issues you might be facing. We may use your email address to inform you about our services, such as letting you know about upcoming changes or improvements.
We use information collected from cookies and other technologies, like pixel tags, to improve your user experience and the overall quality of our services. Our automated systems analyze your content (including emails) to provide you personally relevant product features, such as customized content, tailored advertising, and spam and malware detection.
We may combine personal information from one service with information, including personal information, from other Priyo services – for example to make it easier to share things with people you know.
Priyo processes personal information on our servers in many countries around the world. We may process your personal information on a server located outside the country where you live.
Information you share
Many of our services let you share information with others. Remember that when you share information publicly, it may be indexable by search engines, including Priyo. Our services provide you with different options on sharing and removing your content.
Accessing and updating your personal information
Whenever you use our services, we aim to provide you with access to your personal information. If that information is wrong, we strive to give you ways to update it quickly or to delete it – unless we have to keep that information for legitimate business or legal purposes.
We aim to maintain our services in a manner that protects information from accidental or malicious destruction. Because of this, after you delete information from our services, we may not immediately delete residual copies from our active servers and may not remove information from our backup systems.
Information we share
We do not share personal information with companies, organizations and individuals outside of Priyo unless one of the following circumstances applies:
With your consent
We will share personal information with companies, organizations or individuals outside of Priyo when we have your consent to do so. We require opt-in consent for the sharing of any sensitive personal information.
For external processing
For legal reasons
We will share personal information with companies, organizations or individuals outside of Priyo if we have a good-faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of the information is reasonably necessary to:
- meet any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request.
- enforce applicable Terms of Service, including investigation of potential violations.
- detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues.
- protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of Priyo, our users or the public as required or permitted by law.
We may share non-personally identifiable information publicly and with our partners – like publishers, advertisers or connected sites. For example, we may share information publicly to show trends about the general use of our services.
We work hard to protect Priyo and our users from unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of information we hold. In particular:
- We encrypt many of our services using SSL.
- We offer you two step verification when you access your Priyo Account, and a Safe Browsing feature in Chrome.
- We review our information collection, storage and processing practices, including physical security measures, to guard against unauthorized access to systems.
- We restrict access to personal information to Priyo employees, contractors and agents who need to know that information in order to process it for us, and who are subject to strict contractual confidentiality obligations and may be disciplined or terminated if they fail to meet these obligations.
Compliance and cooperation with regulatory authorities