February 1, 2017 - 5:47pm
Facial oils can work wonders when added to your daily skincare regime. Apply it with your face cream, night cream and face mask to keep a fine balance of moisture and get flawless skin naturally.
Neetu Prasher from Avon India shares five ways of using facial oil in your everyday routine for resplendent skin.
* Brightening primer: Winter can make your skin look dull and lustreless, hence a primer is a must. It’s imperative to choose the right base for an instant glow. A facial oil can be your new primer this season. Pump two-three drops of this product rich in vitamins A, C and E to your face as a primer and help your makeup stay in place all day.
* Massage mask: For more supple and radiant skin, it’s best to massage your skin twice a month. Adding face oils to homemade face mask mixtures or facial sheet masks only multiplies the effect. Add two drops to the mixture for a smoother, hydrated and firm skin. You can also smear the oil prior to using a sheet mask.
* Treatment: To help reduce fine lines and wrinkles or to even skin tone and reduce hyper-pigmentation, add a drop or two of your face oil to your moisturising regime. After cleansing and toning, nicely moisturise your skin and see magical results in a few days.
* Foundation or BB Cream: Add two drops of face oil to your foundation or BB cream for a smoother coverage. Oil helps restore skin and the antioxidants make the complexion brighter.
* Booster: It is not a myth that our skin absorbs all the essential nutrients when we are asleep. Teaming two-three drops of face oil with a night cream can twofold the results. Apply the mixture evenly on your face, dab a little under your eyes and see how well it works on those unwanted facial lines and wrinkles.
Adding a facial oil to your regular regimen of cleansing, toning, applying day cream and night cream enhances the results and boosts nourishment for your skin.