Creamy white Chicken korma
Creamy white Chicken korma easy and healthy for your family.
2 tbsp vegetable oil
1 onion, finely chopped
1 clove garlic, crushed
1 green chilli, finely chopped
green cardamom, slightly crushed (optional)
1/4 tsp turmeric
1/4 tsp ground cumin
1/4 tsp ground coriander
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp tomato purée
2 chicken breasts
100 ml coconut milk
5-7 cashew nuts, or almonds, ground
1 cm ginger, grated
pinches garam masala
1. Heat the oil in a deep saucepan or wok, and add the onion, garlic and chilli and fry for 5 minutes over a medium heat.
2. Add the cardamoms if using.
3. Stir in the turmeric, cumin, coriander, salt and tomato puree.
4. Cut the chicken into bite-sized pieces and add to the pan. Fry over a low heat for 5 minutes.
5. Pour in the coconut milk and add the ground nuts.
6. Stir in 200ml of hot water and simmer for 7-8 minutes, until the chicken is just tender.
7. Add the ginger and sprinkle over the garam masala. Serve with naan bread or basmati rice and a crisp green salad.