Recipe: Garlic croutons
From Bengali cuisine to rustic Mexican dishes to Chinese cuisine, garlic lends its unique flavour to a variety of edibles from across the globe.
It helps protect you from heart disease, reduces your likelihood of catching the common cold and wards off the occasional vampire. This gives us a fair reason to celebrate the pungent flavour of a spicy little member of the onion genus - garlic.
Here is a recipe that makes garlic the star of the show.
- 4 cloves garlic (minced or pressed)
- ¼ cup real butter (melted)
- French bread
- Half-inch cubes (3 ounces by weight)
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees Fahrenheit. Mix the garlic and melted butter in a small bowl, add the bread cubes and stir gently until the bread is well coated.
- Spread the bread cubes on a baking sheet or shallow baking dish in a single layer.
- Bake for about 15 minutes until golden on all sides, turning at least once. Cool and serve.